Update: this has ended and results are at bottom of post. Starting tomorrow, September 26th, and going to October 31st, 2017, I’ll be donating 50% of the revenue from all of the poker tells ebooks sold on this site or sold at readingpokertells.video to the charity Americares. After a little bit of research, it seems like Americares is a respected charity, and they are apparently doing a lot of good right now for hurricane victims in Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico.
To reiterate what products this applies to:
- All ebooks and products available on this website
- Both video packages available at www.readingpokertells.video.
When October is over, I will post the amount I donated in this blog post and on this page.
Here are some boring technical details on the giving and how it will be calculated:
- For the Lifetime Membership Video Series: The 50% of the Lifetime Membership is of net purchase price after the following are subtracted from the total purchase amount: payment processing and sales platform fees (approximately 5%), affiliate percentage if it applies (~35%), partnership percentage (~13%), and pre-existing charity giving (2%).
- Ebooks: The 50% for ebook sales is of net purchase price after the following are subtracted: payment processing and sales platform fees (approximately 5%), and affiliate percentage if it applies (~35%).
- For the large Video Lifetime Membership + Books package available at readingpokertells.video, the video percentages explained above will apply to the video part of the package and the ebook percentages will apply to the ebook part of the package.
Also regarding charity: Since mid-2015, when my poker tells video series first came out, I’ve been giving 2% of the revenue generated by that series to Chicago-area charities. You can read about the charities donated to here. Chicago-area charities were chosen because most of the footage in my video series comes from Chicago-area games.
Total sales 9/26/17 to 10/31/17 (minus sales platform fees): $4439.97
Minus affiliate/partnership costs of $1263.84
50% of $3176.13 = $1588.07 to Americares