My third (and probably last) poker tells book is now available for pre-order (including both paperback and ebook). The working title is Reading Poker Tells: Practical Applications (update: it's now Exploiting Poker Tells), and it will be the third book in the series that includes Reading Poker Tells and Verbal Poker Tells. Pre-order purchase includes shipping of the paperback book to you.
Pre-order (U.S.) Poker Tells Book $40
Pre-order (Non-U.S.) Poker Tells Book $50
You might be saying:
“Haven’t you written enough stuff about poker tells? How much more could there be to say?”
I hear you. I am my own harshest critic, and I tend to be skeptical when someone comes out with instructional books too often, especially poker books. I wouldn’t be writing a new book unless I felt I had something new and interesting to say. My reasons for writing this book include:
- Since writing my first book, I’ve had four more years experience of playing poker and thinking about poker tells. I’ve also served as a consultant for two WSOP Main Event final table players, and I learned a lot working on those projects. Along the way I've talked to and interviewed a lot of experienced players about poker tells and their opinions on the subject. All this means that I have a lot of new and better things to say about poker tells.
- This new book will be much more practically-focused than anything else I’ve written, or anything else any other poker tells author has ever written. Most poker tells books, including my own, have been largely a this-might-mean-that list of possible tells. What I hope to do with this book is delve into how to practically incorporate tell-spotting into a strategy. In other words: when should behavior be a factor and when shouldn’t it? And: What factors should we be paying attention to when making a decision? I think this book will be much more concretely useful for that reason.
- The content will be primarily a lot of actual hands where behavior did play a role or could have played a role in a decision. These are hands I’ve played in cash games ($5-10, $2-5, and $1-2 NLHE) and tournaments, and some hands from televised footage. My book Verbal Poker Tells included a lot of actual hands, which I liked a lot, but my first book Reading Poker Tells had very few actual hands. So this book will include a lot of hand histories with physical behavior, which I think will be interesting and useful.
My final book project
I.m confident this will be my last poker tells book. I will still work occasionally on adding videos to my video series (if you haven't heard about that yet, it's at www.readingpokertells.video), but I’m confident I will never again have enough to say about poker behavior to warrant writing another book. I hope to make this book so good that it’ll be a long time before anyone feels the need to write another one.
The book will sell for around $34 and probably be around 70,000 words (Reading Poker Tells was around 45,000 words and Verbal Poker Tells was around 120,000 words, for a comparison). It will be available around March 2017. The pre-order is $40 for U.S. residents, $50 for non-U.S. residents. With that, you get:
- Excerpts from the book mailed to you once a month or more (you will automatically be put in email series once you purchase and will get past emails)
- The paperback book mailed to you as soon as it’s ready (so shipping is included in the cost), at least one week before the book is publicly available anywhere else
- An ebook bundle (PDF, Kindle, EPUB) of the book (which will be released probably a few weeks after the paperback)
- My thoughtful feedback on any hands you want to write me about
Let me know if you have any questions about the pre-order or about the book contents.
info (at) readingpokertells.com