Welcome to ReadingPokerTells.com, the website of Zachary Elwood. Elwood is a former professional poker player and the author of the books Reading Poker Tells and Verbal Poker Tells. He is a contributor to several poker publications, including Bluff Magazine and the TwoPlusTwo online magazine. He has also served as a poker tells consultant for a WSOP Main Event November Niner. Click on an icon below, or use the navigation menu at the top of the page.
Poker Tells 5-Day Course
Want to learn more about Poker Tells? I've put together a free 5-day Poker Tells course to help you understand the fundamentals behind observing and acting on your opponent's behavior. When you sign up, you'll get 5-days of lessons:
- Day 1: Introduction to Verbal Poker Tells
- Day 2: Verbal Poker Tells from the WSOP
- Day 3: Understanding Immediate Verbal Responses
- Day 4: Unpacking Your Opponent's Statements
- Day 5: Statements About an Opponent's Call
Enter your name and email in the form to the right to start your course.
- Max Steinberg, pro player
“I played live and saw tells popping up everywhere. I started to almost feel sorry for some people who were just so obvious.”
- Brian Bell, poker player
- Ed Miller, pro player, poker author
“As a serious tourney/cash game player, the lessons from Reading Poker Tells have improved my game exponentially.”
- Cody Chandler, poker player
- Amir Lehavot, pro player, 3rd place in 2013 WSOP ME
"Anyone who is a fan of Caro's book will find this 21st century update easier to read and understand, as well as far more useful."
- Paul Gordon, semi-pro player
- Andrew Brokos, poker pro, co-host of Thinking Poker Podcast
“I'm a fan of Mr. Caro. I think his book moved human understanding forward. But I think that this is likely to prove as big a step forward, or more so.”
- Thomas Foster, poker player
- Mason Malmuth, poker author, co-owner of TwoPlusTwo
“Good info. I sincerely hope this book does not become popular.”
- Kathy Liebert, poker pro
- James Miles, M.D.
- Tommy Angelo, poker pro and author