Reading Poker Tells
My name is Zachary Elwood and my goal is to help you understand your poker opponents' behavior.
I'd be the first to admit that human behavior is complex. That's why I do more than just present you with a list of possible poker tells. My goal is to delve into the psychology and the situational factors underlying poker players' behavior.
Free 5-Part Course on Verbal Poker Tells
You’ll learn to better understand your poker opponents’ verbal behavior in this free 5-part email course based on my book Verbal Poker Tells. When you sign up, you'll get 5 emails on the following subject:
- Day 1: Introduction, and What It Means When A Player Says He Has A Weak Hand
- Day 2: Defensive Statements
- Day 3: Misdirections
- Day 4: Uncertainty and Hesitation
- Day 5: Responses to "Will You Show If I Fold?"
A little about me: I'm the author of two respected books on poker behavior: Reading Poker Tells and Verbal Poker Tells. I've worked as a behavioral consultant for two WSOP Main Event November Niners (i.e., final tablists). Recently, I released a new video series that features real poker game footage.
Below are some of the most popular resources on this site:
Most Popular Poker Tells Resources
- Free Verbal Poker Tells Course — Want to learn more about what your opponents say at the table? Want to get a firm grasp on the verbal behavior of poker players? Sign up for a free 5-part email course about verbal poker tells.
- Poker Tells At Live $1-$2 No-Limit — Do you play $1-2 or $2-5 NLHE and want to better understand poker tells in those games? In this article, I analyze common poker tells in $1-2 NLHE games.
- Reading Poker Tells — Many readers have called my book, Reading Poker Tells, "the best book on poker tells." Want to learn a framework for reading, analyzing, and acting on your opponents' tells at the poker table?
- Verbal Poker Tells —Learn how knowledge of verbal poker tells will help your live game. Poker player and journalist Steve Ruddock said about my book Verbal Poker Tells: "It will change the way you talk."
- Poker Tells Video Guides — Learn what behaviors are likely to be important and worth watching from studying real poker footage. These guides from live poker tournaments will walk you through interesting behavioral spots, including some from a $1,000 buy-in tournament video.
For more, browse my full collection of posts and articles that cover poker tells, poker psychology, poker books, and more — written just for poker players.
About Zachary Elwood
I'm a former professional poker player and the author of two books on poker tells. My first book, Reading Poker Tells, is a best-selling poker book and has been translated into three languages. I'm also the author of Verbal Poker Tells, Video Guides on Poker Tells, and the creator of a Poker Tells Video Course. In addition to creating these books, resources, and courses, I've worked as a poker behavior consultant for two World Series of Poker Main Event final tablists.