Welcome to Reading Poker Tells
My name is Zachary Elwood, and my goal is to help you better understand the behavior of your poker opponents.
I'm the author of two popular books on poker tells: Reading Poker Tells and Verbal Poker Tells. I've also served as a consultant for two WSOP November Niners (i.e., Main Event final table players). I also created a video series on poker tells that analyzes footage from real cash games and tournaments.
I'd be the first to admit that human behavior is very complex. That's why I do more than just present you with a list of possible poker tells. My goal is to delve into the psychology and the many situational factors that can underlie poker players' behavior.
Free 5-Part Course on Verbal Poker Tells
Learn to better understand your poker opponents’ verbal behavior in this free 5-part email course, which is based on my book Verbal Poker Tells. When you sign up, you'll get 5 emails on the following subjects:
- Day 1: Introduction, and What It Means When A Player Says He Has A Weak Hand
- Day 2: Defensive Statements
- Day 3: Misdirections
- Day 4: Uncertainty and Hesitation
- Day 5: Responses to "Will You Show If I Fold?"
Below are some of the most popular resources I've created:
Most Popular Poker Tells Resources
- Guide to Top 10 Poker Tells - This is a short overview of the top 10 most useful poker tells that I created for the poker forum site CardsChat.com.
- Reading Poker Tells — Many readers have called my first book, Reading Poker Tells, "the best book on poker tells."
- Verbal Poker Tells —Learn how knowledge of verbal poker tells will help your live game. Sign up for the free 5-part email course above if you're curious about the kind of stuff I talk about in there.
- Poker Tells Videos — A new video training series (2015) that uses actual tournament and cash game footage. Currently there are 13 videos and more will be added in future.
- Poker Tells At Live $1-$2 No-Limit — Do you play live $1-2 or $2-5 NLHE and want to better understand poker tells in those games? In a short ebook, I go over 35 actual hands, looking for reliable behaviors. You can also sign up for a free 4-part email course.
- Blog Posts and Articles — Blog posts going back to 2010 on poker psychology, tells, and other stuff.
- Press and Reviews — Press about me and my books and videos on third-party sites. Also articles I've written for third-party sites.
About Zachary Elwood
I'm a former professional poker player and the author of two books on poker tells. My first book, Reading Poker Tells, is widely regarded as the best book on the subject and has been translated into three languages. I'm also the author of Verbal Poker Tells, and the creator of a video series on poker tells. In addition to creating these resources, I've worked as a poker behavior consultant for two World Series of Poker Main Event final tablists (i.e., November Niners).