I'm Zachary Elwood, and here's a little about me:
- Author of Reading Poker Tells, which many have called the best book on tells.
- Behavioral consultant for two WSOP Main Event final tablists (e.g., November Niners).
- Author of Verbal Poker Tells, the only book about analyzing verbal behavior in poker.
- Creator of the Reading Poker Tells Video Series, an ever-growing library of poker tells video content.
- Run the Twitter account @apokerplayer.
- Started my poker tells/psychology blog in 2010.
Below I have a free 5-part email course that will make you better at reading verbal poker tells. It includes some excerpts from my book Verbal Poker Tells (read reviews) but it's more than that. I spent quite a bit of time making it as powerful as could be for such a brief course. I've had many subscribers tell me it was an eye-opening and useful course, so I'm confident you'll enjoy it.
Free 5-part course on verbal poker tells
Learn to better understand your poker opponents’ verbal behavior with this 5-email course.
Get poker tells videos
Many people are visual or auditory learners, and this makes a lot of sense for poker tells, because tells are visual and auditory clues. I'm proud to announce I now have a poker tells video series, available at ReadingPokerTells.video. It uses real cash game and tournament footage, and shows you real-world examples of the tells described in my books and blog posts.
You can find me at the following places:
- Twitter: @apokerplayer
- Facebook: Reading Poker Tells
- Instagram: Reading Poker Tells
- Email: Contact page
Most Popular Poker Tells Resources
Here are some of the most popular resources I've created:
- Guide to Top 10 Poker Tells - This is a short overview of the top 10 most useful poker tells that I created for the poker forum site CardsChat.com.
- Reading Poker Tells — Many readers have called my first book, Reading Poker Tells, "the best book on poker tells."
- Verbal Poker Tells —Learn how knowledge of verbal poker tells will help your live game. Sign up for the free 5-part email course above if you're curious about the kind of stuff I talk about in there.
- Poker Tells Videos — A new video training series (2015) that uses actual tournament and cash game footage. Currently there are 13 videos and more will be added in future.
- Poker Tells At Live $1-$2 No-Limit — Do you play live $1-2 or $2-5 NLHE and want to better understand poker tells in those games? In a short ebook, I go over 35 actual hands, looking for reliable behaviors. You can also sign up for a free 4-part email course.
- Blog Posts and Articles — Blog posts going back to 2010 on poker psychology, tells, and other stuff.
- Press and Reviews — Press about me and my books and videos on third-party sites. Also articles I've written for third-party sites.
About Zachary Elwood
I'm a former professional poker player and the author of two books on poker tells. My first book, Reading Poker Tells, is widely regarded as the best book on the subject and has been translated into three languages. I'm also the author of Verbal Poker Tells, and the creator of a video series on poker tells. In addition to creating these resources, I've worked as a poker behavior consultant for two World Series of Poker Main Event final tablists (i.e., November Niners).