Reading Poker Tells
Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I’m Zachary Elwood and I have one goal: Help you better understand your opponents' behaviors at the table.
A little about my background: I'm a professional poker player and the author of two books on poker tells. My first book, Reading Poker Tells, is a best-seller in the poker industry and has been translated into three languages. I also have worked as a poker behavior consultant for a World Series of Poker Main Event final tablist.
In my free 5-part verbal poker tells course, I teach you some key aspects of your opponents' verbal behavior. This course is based on my book Verbal Poker Tells, but I customized this course to be a short, quick introduction to some of the most meaningful verbal patterns you'll encounter at the tables. You can sign up in the section below.
I'll be the first to admit: human behavior is complex. Unlike other poker authors, I do more than just present you with a list of possible poker tells. My goal is to delve into the psychology underlying your opponents' actions. With a better understanding of the many factors that can influence behavior, you'll have a better understanding of poker tells.
Free 5-Part Poker Tell Course
You’ll learn to better understand your poker opponents’ verbal behavior in this free 5-part email course! When you sign up, you'll get 5 days of lessons:
- Day 1: Introduction, and What It Means When A Player Says He Has A Weak Hand
- Day 2: Defensive Statements
- Day 3: Misdirections
- Day 4: Uncertainty and Hesitation
- Day 5: Responses to "Will You Show If I Fold?"
This course is NOT just random excerpts from my book.
I wrote this content from scratch, specifically for this course, with a focus on providing the most value in the least amount of time.
Enter your email in the form below to start receiving your course.
Most Popular Poker Tells Resources
- Free Verbal Poker Tells Course — Want to learn more about what your opponents say at the table? Want to get a firm grasp on the verbal behavior of poker players? Sign up for a free 5-part email course about verbal poker tells.
- Poker Tells At Live $1-$2 No-Limit — Do you play $1-2 or $2-5 NLHE and want to better understand poker tells in those games? In this article, I analyze common poker tells in $1-2 NLHE games.
- Reading Poker Tells — Many readers have called my book, Reading Poker Tells, "the best book on poker tells." Want to learn a framework for reading, analyzing, and acting on your opponents' tells at the poker table?
- Verbal Poker Tells —Learn how knowledge of verbal poker tells will help your live game. Poker player and journalist Steve Ruddock said about my book Verbal Poker Tells: "It will change the way you talk."
- Poker Tells Video Guides — Learn what behaviors are likely to be important and worth watching from studying real poker footage. These guides from live poker tournaments will walk you through interesting behavioral spots, including some from a $1,000 buy-in tournament video.
For more, browse my full collection of posts and articles that cover poker tells, poker psychology, poker books, and more — written just for poker players.